Friday, February 17, 2012

So out of complete boredom, I decided I needed a new project. Something on pinterest.com caught my eye- and since I already had plenty of scrapbook paper I decided to make paper flowers, with my own little spin on it. The tutorial I made is posted below:
1) Take a piece of scrapbook paper and cut it into either a 2"x2", 3"x3", or 4"x4" square- depending on what size flower you would like, and fold it from one corner to another corner
2) Then take the bottom edges and fold them up to make another square
3) Third, take the flaps you just folded and flap them outwards
4) Then take those flaps, and flip them out as seen in the picture
5) Fold the top parts of the flaps down to align
6) Then fold the flaps back together after step 5, and press down on paper hard
7) Fold together as seen in the picture, and (the way I do it) superglue the edges together and clamp together with a paperclip until dry. *This is one flower petal*

Complete all steps 6-9 times depending on how many petals you want the flower to have, the one I made has 8 petals..

Glue all the petals together,
I decided to top it off by adding a button to the center (not needed) but I thought it would be cute, I've also used colored buttons, and scrapbooking rhinestones that add a little bit to the asthetic!-
Then I also bought floral wire from the dollar store for $1, and glued it into the bottom of the flower.

I have made about 10 of these for a floral arrangement for my sister's office, pictures will come soon when I finish! Looks like I'll be making about 10-15 more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment