Monday, January 23, 2012

So, recently searching around on the web trying to find recipes for sweets (which are the most fun to make) I found this really fun recipe on www.bakerella.com from which I altered the design for the jars because I'm not nearly that creative and my printer wouldn't pull the sticker paper through the printer! This is the original design:
My design, (as an ametuer) doesn't look near as crafty, but I wanted a Valentine's Day gift:
The recipe is the same, and I will share it with y'all, you can also find it on the Bakerella Website!

Ingredients:
1 Quart Ball smooth jar (found at Hobby Lobby)
(1st Layer) 1 1/3 cup flour, 1 tsp Baking Powder, 1 tsp Baking Soda, 1/4 tsp Salt
(2nd Layer) 1 cup Cooking Oats, -- you can use regular oatmeal
(3rd Layer) 3/4-1 cup M&M's, any color depending on what occasion
(4th Layer) 3/4-1 cup Chocolate chips, any size you prefer
(5th Layer) 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar -- press all ingredients down tightly
(6th Layer) 1/2-2/3 cup Sugar -- fill all the way to the top

*Baking Instructions*
(Can be posted ont the back of the jars)
Stir all the dry ingredients together,
Add 1 slightly beaten egg, 1/2 cup melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake 9-11 minutes, let cool. 
This is a great gift for any occasion, I'm doing them for Valentines Day, then planning on making a few of them for my friends that are expecting boys (And I plan on using only blue and white M&Ms)
You can also use whatever cloth you prefer to cover the lids:
(I cut cloth and put a rubber band around the lid before I tied the ribbon so it wouldn't be as difficult!)


While I'm on the subject of baking, tonight I made "peanut butter kisses", as there are various recipes around the internet for these cookies and I don't remember where I found this one, but it is incredibly simple! These are ones on the internet (or alot more professional look like):

I obviously don't have a great camera, just a regular digital one, but I know I made my cookies a little larger than I would've liked-- this is what they look like:

The recipe is probably one of the easiest cookies I've made and the batter is really easy to work with!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoons Salt
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Sugar
1 Egg
2 teaspoons Vanilla

(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
(2) Sift Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt into a bowl and set aside
(3) Beat Butter and Peanut Butter into another bowl..
(4) Add Sugar and beat until 'fluffy'
(5) Add Egg and Vanilla
(6) Add flour mixture and combine until fully integrated
(7) Roll the dough into 1 inch balls or smaller, then roll in sugar to coat
(8) Bake 8-10 minutes, then press Hershey Kisses into the top of each cookie

Not only can I still smell the cookies from my downstairs kitchen, but I am about to run down there and eat one of those cooled cookies !! ta ta



 

No comments:

Post a Comment